Fender CS LTD 70th Anniversary Broadcaster, Aged Nocaster Blonde, Heavy Relic
- #R106024. The Custom Shop has resurrected this famously rare guitar in honor of its 70th anniversary! Order now!
- Den Haag
- 0 - Out of stock
- 0 - Out of stock
Fender changed the music world forever in October 1950 with the first dual-pickup electric Spanish guitar—the Broadcaster. The instrument vaulted Fender into the mainstream of electric guitar, with gorgeous features and smart innovations including an ash body with a translucent blonde nitrocellulose finish, sturdy maple neck with rear-installed truss rod for solid stability (with a walnut “skunk stripe”), single-ply black phenolic pickguard, two loud-and-clear pickups and versatile wiring for three distinctive tone settings. Revolutionary as it was, however, the Broadcaster was short lived—produced only for a couple months until January 1951 because of an already-existing trademark on the name held by the Fred Gretsch Manufacturing Company, Inc..
Now, for 2020 alone, the Custom Shop has resurrected this famously rare guitar in honor of its 70th anniversary. The Limited Edition 70th Anniversary Broadcaster has a two-piece select ash body with off-center seam, in Heavy Relic—all finished in the original “flash coat” lacquer. The one-piece rift-sawn maple neck has a 1950 Broadcaster profile, 7.25”-9.5” vintage compound-radius fingerboard and 21 medium vintage frets. Other features include hand-wound ’50-’51 Blackguard pickups with ’51 modded “Nocaster” wiring (similar to the original, with blender pot and slightly brighter rhythm setting in the neck position). The guitar comes with a “case candy” kit containing a 70th anniversary neck plate, Fat ’50s control assembly and original Broadcaster sales flyer reprint. Also includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
Fender CS LTD 70TH Anniversary Broadcaster, Heavy Relic, Maple Neck, Aged Nocaster Blond
- Body: 2-Piece Offset Seam Ash
- Body Finish: Heavy Relic Lacquer
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black Phenolic
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish:'50 Broadcaster "U"
- Neck Finish: Tinted Flash Coat Lacquer
- Scale Length: 25.5\ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25 to 9.5”\ (184 mm to 241.3 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Vintage
- String Nut: Bone
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard
- Configuration: SS
- Controls: Volume, Blend
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Bridge: 3-Saddle '50 Broadcaster with Brass Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-style
- Strings: NPS (.010-.046 Gauges)
- With Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, and Certificate of Authenticity