Gibson CS 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue, Tangerine Burst, Murphy Lab Heavy Aged
1960 was the last year for the original Les Paul Standard, nearly identical to a 1959 model except for a few specs. Most notably, it features a fast-playing slim neck profile, beloved by the many famous musicians who played '60 Bursts including Eric Clapton, Joe Walsh, and Paul McCartney. Order now!
You can switch to ex-VAT prices using the menu in the top-right of our website. ex-VAT only applies when buying from outside of the EU or within the EU providing a valid VAT-number is submitted during checkout.
1960 was the last year for the original Les Paul Standard, nearly identical to a 1959 model except for a few specs. Most notably, it features a fast-playing slim neck profile, beloved by the many famous musicians who played '60 Bursts including Eric Clapton, Joe Walsh, and Paul McCartney.
It also has "reflector" Volume & Tone knobs and wider "double-ring" tuner tips. The Custom Shop 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue is a clone of the originals from the hide-glue construction to the chemically re-engineered plastic parts. Each one is built with extreme care, reverence and attention to detail by expert Custom Shop craftspeople who are committed to providing an authentic vintage ownership experience.
It also features Heavy Aging by the skilled artisans of the Murphy Lab. The Murphy Lab Heavy Aged finish treatment, paired with heavily aged hardware, simulates decades of heavy play wear, giving it the unique character, vibe, and feel of an original example from the Gibson Golden Era.
Gibson 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue Tangerine Burst Specifications
- Top Material: 2-Piece Figured Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Back Material: 1-Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer; Murphy Lab Heavy Aged
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Profile: 1960 SlimTaper
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22 Authentic Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Hardware Finish: Nickel; Murphy Lab Heavy Aged
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuners: Kluson Single Line, Double Ring
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Case: Aged Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity, Mounted Custom Shop Switch Plate Medallion; Reissue Switch Backplate in Case