Gibson CS 1963 Firebird V, Cardinal Red, Murphy Lab Light Aged
When Gibson hired famed automotive designer Ray Dietrich to create a radical new solid body guitar, rock 'n roll history ensued. With its offset shape, neck-through construction, and scorching mini-humbuckers, the '63 Firebird V became an instant classic. Order now!
You can switch to ex-VAT prices using the menu in the top-right of our website. ex-VAT only applies when buying from outside of the EU or within the EU providing a valid VAT-number is submitted during checkout.
When Gibson hired famed automotive designer Ray Dietrich to create a radical new solid body guitar, rock 'n roll history ensued. With its offset shape, neck-through construction, and scorching mini-humbuckers, the '63 Firebird V became an instant classic.
The Gibson Custom Shop is proud to present this exacting replica of a vintage original, which uses authentic contours, dimensions and construction methods for an incredible ownership and playing experience.
It features Light Aging by the skilled artisans of the Murphy Lab. The Murphy Lab Light Aged finish treatment, paired with lightly aged hardware, simulates decades of natural play wear, giving it the unique character, vibe, and feel of an original example from the Gibson Golden Era.
Gibson 1963 Firebird V Cardinal Red Specifications
- Body Material: 9-ply Mahogany/Walnut Neck-Through
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer; Murphy Lab Light Aged
- Neck Material: 9-ply Mahogany/Walnut Neck-Through
- Neck Profile: Authentic '63 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22 Authentic Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Hardware Finish: Nickel; Murphy Lab Light Aged
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Maestro Vibrola
- Tuners: Deluxe Banjo Tuners
- Neck Pickup: Firebird Alnico 5
- Bridge Pickup: Firebird Alnico 5
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 500K CTS Potentiometers, Hand-Wired Harness with Black Beauty Capacitors
- Case: Custom Shop Hardshell
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity