Warranty & Returns
WARRANTY & RETURNS
We are official retailers for virtually all well-known brands and products. In spite of the high quality products that we have in our range, it can occur that you run into problems with your gear. In that case we will be happy to provide you with a suitable solution as quickly as possible.
FIVE YEAR WARRANTY? REALLY?
Max Guitar Store is a unique guitar store and service is extremely important to us and our customers! Our confidence and satisfaction scores are near perfect and we would like to keep them that way. We think it is important that customers are satisfied in the long term and that is why we give a FULL year warranty on used instruments and, in addition to the legally required EU warranty period of two years, an additional THREE year warranty, so that is a total of FIVE Years warranty on new stringed instruments. We have that much confidence in our brands and products. That just feels good and gives you more security! (note that on amps, effects and accessories applies the standard two year warranty)
14 DAY EXCHANGE GUARANTEE
We also offer a 14 day exchange guarantee on instruments, effects and amps. If you are still in doubt when purchasing, for example between that red and that sunburst guitar or between that Boss or MXR overdrive pedal and you buy one of the two, we offer the possibility to exchange your purchase within 14 days for the other. All without extra costs, provided that the item is in the same condition as when it was purchased. Of course you pay the net price difference or you get a store credit or in some cases refunded depending on what we agree on.
All products you buy from us are of course subject to a legally required EU warranty of two years. This means that a product must be in good condition and must do what you can reasonably expect from the product. In addition to the extended warranty period offered by us, the legal warranty applies without prejudice. If a product does not meet these reasonable expectations; we will provide a suitable solution as soon as reasonably possible, depending on the product, we will do this through replacement or repair.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY; Max Guitar Store gives a 1 year warranty on all used string instruments that we sell; Note: not on used tube amplifiers
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY; MAX GUITAR STORE provides a 2-year warranty on all new electronic products we sell;
- 5 YEARS WARRANTY; MAX GUITAR STORE gives a 5 year guarantee on all new stringed instruments that we sell.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY; A limited lifetime warranty is sometimes offered by a manufacturer. Ask us for more details.
EXAMPLES OF EXTENDED WARRANTY
Some of our brands offer great extended warranty plans as standard. Most of them are so-called "Limited Warranty" plans and require registration. These are some examples: Take a look at some of them below and contact us for any questions.
- BOSS Compact Pedals: 5 Year Warranty
- Gibson: Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Fender: 1 Year (accessoiries), 5 Year (electronic products), Limited Lifetime (acoustic & electric instruments)
- MONO Cases: Lifetime Warranty
NOT ALL PRODUCTS ARE COVERED BY WARRANTY:
There is no return & exchange policy or warranty on all items that are prone to deteriorate in quality when used (tubes, strings, cleaning products, earplugs, speakers, headphones, harmonica’s). For all pre-owned products we offer a 12 months warranty period with the exception of pre owned Tube amplifiers. They are sold 'as is', meaning we can not warranty them. We always maintain the right to repair a defect or malfunction within the warranty period, before considering exchanging the defective product.
The full list for your reference:.
- Some products with reduced functionality due to use and wear.
- Products sold under the heading 'sold as is', meaning you accept the product as it is at the moment of the transaction.
- B-stock items with damage or defects that are sometimes present and therefore make them B-stock. (what is B-stock – reference link)
- Damage as a result of neglect, poor maintenance or improper use.
- Damage as a result of not following the supplied instructions.
- Products that have been modified or damaged due to own alterations or repairs.
- Problems due to fluctuations in humidity or other weather conditions.
- Tubes in new tube amps have a two week warranty. Beyond that, the warranty expires.
- We do not offer a guarantee on used tube amplifiers.
- Computer parts and accessories, media, software, and Consumables such as strings, tubes, picks, unless warranted by the manufacturer.
If the item cannot be repaired or if the repair cannot be carried out under the warranty, we will inform you as soon as possible, but in any case within 14 days, about further processing.
When handling warranty claims, we naturally follow the law and the general terms and conditions of the Thuiswinkel organization.
When you report a complaint or defect, we check whether the warranty provisions apply to your situation. If the complaint or defect is justified, the costs within the warranty period will be borne by Max Guitar Store.
(Link) WHAT IS B STOCK? B-stock items are guaranteed to work 100% as they should and normally come with a factory warranty unless stated otherwise. B-stock are items that can be defined as such for the following reasons:
- may be a brand new item with cosmetic flaw,
- may have been used as a demo model in the store.
- may have been exhibited during e.g. a music show.
- Items may have been returned or exchanged to us.
Our commitment to you is to ensure you are completely satisfied with your purchase. If you are not satisfied you can choose to return your purchased item(s). You can return your order within 2 weeks of receiving it. After choosing to return, we can help you with exchanging it for something else. Or, in the case of online orders only, you can ask for a refund. Refunds are not possible for purchases made in our physical store, exchange however is possible under certain conditions.
If you experience technical issues with the product you recevied we would kindly like to request you send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) showcasing the problem in a short video. If you are unable to do so, please inform us regarding your experiences in the most complete manner possible. This will enable us to troubleshoot certain issues without you having to ship your purchase back to us.
Max Guitar only accepts returns with a valid return authorisation in writing by our staff and an assigned RMA number. (the abbreviation RMA stands for Return Merchandise Authorization) All online order returns must be reported to us within 14 days of delivery date. It is the buyer's responsibility to return unwanted products to the company in the condition they were received, in the original packaging and with a copy of the sales receipt. A free collection will only be made by Max Guitar in the case of defective or incorrectly delivered goods. Unwanted goods must be returned at the expense of the buyer. The costs of shipping are deducted from the refund of the purchase amount. Max Guitar reserves the right to charge a re-stocking fee for items that are not returned in the same condition. For special offers and discounted items, we always charge a 10% re-stocking fee, so do please consider before buying. Items that have been specially ordered for a customer or made to order can only be returned if they are defective. Max Guitar does not accept returns from consumables like plectrums, cables, strings etc and in-store tested and / or collected items or special orders.
Refunds initiated via Paypal may take up to two weeks to be fully processed. Please be mindful of this period.
Refunds due to problems with transportation will only be processed after our investigations have been completed. We will do our utmost to have this process completed as soon as possible however please allow up to several weeks.
RETURNING YOUR ORDER
To return your order, please follow these simple steps: 1. Contact us for a return number (RMA) Get your return number by emailing us. Mention your order- or invoicenumber, specify your reason for returning your purchased item(s), and state if you wish to exchange or want a refund. If you are experiencing technical issues, please provide us with photos/videos/recordings so we can evaluate the issue. 2. Send us your items, or return it at one of our stores. You can bring your items back to us yourself or ship it to us using a transport agency of your choosing. Please include the return number Alternatively, we are happy to plan a pickup of the items for your via UPS or DHL Parcel in NL. Please note the following when sending us your return:
- return your items in original packaging, and shipping box,
- include all belonging accessoiries, manuals and cables,
- always include a return form, or make a clear mention of the return number
- special ordered or manufactured items cannot be returned
After receiving your return, here's what happens next: 1. Checking the returned item(s) We will inspect and check your returned item(s) for any defects, wear and tear or damage. 2. Exchange or refund. Once your returned item(s) are checked, we will proceed with sending you the exchange item(s) or proceed with your refund. Please consider this for our return process:
- please allow up to 1-2 business days for our return inspection
- if any defects, wear and tear or damage is noticed, we will notify you of any consequences
- shipping costs for returns are not refunded
- please allow 5-10 business days for any refund to be fully processed